So I’ve been “blogging” (and I use that term very loosely) for about five months now. I’ve been trying to keep my identity as concealed as possible because, hey, sometimes a girl just needs some anonymity. But I thought I’d take the opportunity to share a few things you may not (or may) know about me. Strap yourselves in for one heck of a boring ride.
- I have a birth mark on my left arm which, I swear, looks like a four-leaf clover. I sometimes look at it to remind myself of how lucky I am to be living this life of mine.
- I love eating. Sometimes I wish I was hungry just so I could eat something.
- Apparently, I still have remnants of the English accent that I acquired while living in London. I can’t hear it in my speech, but I do wish I still had my ‘full English accent’. I love confusing people by looking Chinese, being Australian, and having an English accent.
- I have a younger sister who is smarter, prettier and dresses better than I do. I am thankful she turned out the way she did, but I hope she manages her temper one day.
- I’m not good with physical contact. In fact, I’m downright awkward. Did you just touch me on the shoulder? What should I make of that? How do I shake your hand? A kiss on the cheek, or a kiss on both cheeks? Hugging?! You’ve got to be kidding me…
- I once had a terrible headache after I had been out for most of the day. I would later realise that it was because I hadn’t had a cup of coffee that morning. That’s right, I now get headaches if I don’t drink coffee.
- I don’t have many friends. Maybe it’s because I’m so meticulous about who I label as a friend. Or maybe it’s because I’ve let quite a few people go. Either way, I’m okay with it.
- I’m not a fan of watching movies in cinemas. I just can’t sit in a dark room for a few hours straight. I need to be able to make a snack or use the bathroom without missing parts of the movie.
- Lots of people have been watched while they’re eating and probably have been commented on while doing so. I know I have, and it’s unnerving. I don’t like being watched while I’m eating. Please stop watching me eat.
- I sometimes create random scenarios in my head and think of how I would respond, even though I know it will never play out the way it does in my mind.
- I love Lego.
- I really love social work and my job, but I feel ashamed to admit this to anyone at work. I get the feeling most people are only there to pay the bills or are doing this while looking for their ideal job. This makes me wonder if I’ve given enough consideration to my future plan.
- I like the number 13. Part of it is because I was born on the 13th. And part of it is because society thinks it’s a ‘bad number’.
Well there you go. I hope you enjoyed learning a few random things about me. If you’d like to, please share a few random things about you in the comments below, or perhaps let me know if any of the above apply to you.